Monday 20 April 2015

I have come to the conclusion (whilst sitting and listening to Gisele scream down the monitor at me) that siblings 'take it in turns' to play up at bedtime.  I don't know if they secretly pull straws or just simply say 'its your turn tonight, I'll take tomorrow'.

Normally I struggle to settle my 4 year old with her demands of tickle scratches and wanting someone to stay with her until she drops off, which in previous times could take days!!!  Tonight, Dominique dropped off instantly.  Gisele however, is still going nearly half an hour in.

Gisele will be 2 this week and is finding new ways of telling me the best is yet to come.  We spend the first half of our lives wishing we were older than we are, we spend the other half of our lives wishing we were young again.  Its the same when you have children, when they can't crawl/walk/speak we want them to rush to those points.  Once they are there, we want them to go back to being non crawling/walking/talking newborns!

I am at an inbetweeny stage with Gisele right now because I wish she could tell me why she won't go to sleep.  It would make things so much easier.

The way I wish it would go:
ME: 'Gisele, why won't you go to sleep darling?'
GISELE: 'because I am overtired and this third tooth from the left really hurts Mumma'

The way it actually goes:
ME: 'Gisele, why won't you go to sleep darling?'
GISELE: 'MUUUUUMMMMA, uh duh duh doooooooooooo waaaaaaahhhh'

Still, one good thing has come of Gisele's playing me up tonight.  I have been up and down the stairs so many times now, I don't feel like I need a gym pass.  Thank you for helping me to lose the weight you helped me gain babies x

No comments:

Post a Comment