Sunday 3 May 2015

The one night my girls are both sleeping through and I manage to stand on the only talking toy on my way to the loo! There I was all stealth like and quietly tiptoeing to the bathroom when all of a sudden 'to infinity and beyond' followed by space invader noises. After an hour of settling, I am back in my bed but can't sleep. Aaaaargh. Dominique asked if I could plant another baby inside me as she quite fancies having a brother too. Its a no from me!!! I could happily go through the 9 months of pregnancy again, it's the 4+ years of minimal sleep and averaging 3-4hrs on a good night that I couldn't start again. as I've said before, I would change a thing but I wouldn't go back to start again.

I'm now looking forward to buying a cinema ticket and actually seeing the end of the film without having to leave halfway through because my 2 year old prefers to dance in the lobby than see the film we've paid for.  I'm looking forward to downsizing my handbag, which at present could be mistaken for a small child's ready bed. For now, I will remind myself that they don't stay small forever and will be a bit bigger tomorrow and for that reason, I will embrace my interrupted sleep, my sore foot courtesy of said noisy toy and the 3 halves of films I got to see. Life is short but it can be amazing if we stop and enjoy it instead of looking too far into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment